End of year movie thoughts

I think I’d rather watch Pitch Perfect IV or Pitch Perfect Reborn than the Avatar sequel. “Sean, there is not a Pitch Perfect IV” “I’ll wait”.

I watched only 2 silly Christmas movies in the last two months. One was a Hallmark movie. One was not a Hallmark movie but it could have been. I wonder who watches whole bunches of these films if even I find them a bit too corny to watch more than one or two a month.

I still think modern movies, or at least post 1999 movies, are too long. Maybe I am forgetting a lot of long movies I saw that came before 1999 but it seems movie used to be shorter on average. There is a new movie I think I want to see that is over 2 hours long.

I think it has been a decent year for direct to video action. I liked Eraser Reborn, Section 8, and Blade of the 47 Ronin. I have heard good things about High Heat, so I could get that before the year ends. I also liked Accident Man Hitman’s Holiday but expected to like it a bit more than I did.

I like DTV action, or at least I like some DTV action movies. I remember when Don “the Dragon” Wilson was making his movies. I guess I am partial to the genre. Some magazines have heard of direct to Netflix or Netflix original action movies but not DTV action movies in general.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible