Pitch Perfect series thoughts

It is a little odd that this became a three film series.  Since I own all three films and have physical copies of two, I am not against it being a three film series.  Fat Amy can be a little much at times. Maybe some of the supporting characters are a little one note.

I have not read the book that inspired the first film. So far, I have not gotten a copy of the book or even scanned reviews of the book. 

I like the first film but wonder if it would have been better without the Jesse/Becca love story. Maybe it would have been nice if the movie was just about Becca fitting in with the Bellas. I have seen love stories/romances on films that I have liked less to be fair. (I have been known to enjoy a romantic comedy, even a corny one.)

I liked the second film. I did like the fact that Jesse and Becca did not have any relationship drama.  I was a little confused if the Bellas were a sorority or just a club. (They have a house and new Bella Emily is called a legacy because her mother was a Bella.) Maybe they are both. If there the first movie is a B, this movie might be a B-. Perhaps this second movie did not need a riff-off. 

I am curious how badly Benji’s previous attempts to flirt/get to know women went. (Jesse said he seen Benji do worse.) Some of his attempts to romance Emily are really bad, in an awkward/funny way.  

I have not rewatched the third film in a while but I think I will before the holidays.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible