1st re-watch of the year Valley Girl (remake)

The Valley Girl remake is maybe a bit better on re-watch. It is not a classic but it has some nice moments.  The original is better. This stars Jessica Roth.

The musical numbers were fun. Maybe they could have been better but I liked them. (There are a few that might be better than the rest.)Maybe the producers needed to bring in a few actors with backgrounds in musicals. 

I think oddly enough the parents are the biggest change. The parents seemed more likable in the original. It could be my fondness for the original movie making me feel this. Julie’s parents are not awful in this but the parents in the original were very likable.

I think maybe someone who hasn’t seen the original might enjoy this more than I did. This is a lot better than He’s All That, another remake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible