5 (or more) Things I don’t like about movies

 5 (or more) Things I don’t like about movies

Flashbacks (This is probably not surprising if you have read earlier blog posts by me.)  I have become anti-flashback in the last few years and even if I don’t mention this sometimes in a blog posting about movies, this remains true.

Too Much comic relief is something that has bothered me for years. Sometimes I think the amount of comic relief in movies or movies being too jokey is getting better. Every so often another movie comes along that is too jokey or has too much comic relief. Sometimes I wonder if I have just adjusted to the fact that some movies have more comic relief than I’d like.

When the movie poster/box cover/thumbnail promises more of an actor than the film delivers. I get it promotional materials are designed to get people interested in a movie. I think if Scott Adkins, for example, has a supporting role in the movie, the promotional material shouldn’t make it seem like he’s the star.

Maybe this is related to too much comic relief but I don’t like repeated jokes about characters having weird cars. I don’t know why but I dislike “weird car” jokes. Maybe it is because some movie with “weird car” jokes had 5 or more “weird car” jokes. (Yeah, this is a bit specific.)

When one actor seems to be in every third movie. This seems to happen every few years, I remember when Zach Galafinakuus seemed to be in everything. There was a Rolling Stone cover Zach is back. (“He cannot be back, he never went away.”) Dwayne Johnson might be in too many movies. (Kevin Hart is now  in every third commercial.)

I might be over the mid credits scene. Or maybe the last few I saw did not excite me. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible