First movie of 2023 Blackjack

I wanted something different for the first movie of the year. Blackjack with Dolph Lungren  might have been a made for TV movie. Lungren is playing a former US Marshall named Jack turned bodyguard. At one point, he uses playing cards as weapons. He also adopts a young girl. Most of the movie he is guarding a supermodel.

I do like Dolph Lungren. This was fun but maybe not worth seeing again. (I did not hate it and I never felt the urge not to finish it.) It does feel a bit like a pilot of a tv series.

It was directed by John Woo, it might be one of his lesser efforts.

It is not a bad start for 2023.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible