Glass Onion a Knives Out mystery is decent

The Glass Onion, the sequel to Knives Out is decent. I liked the performances, it is nice to see Dave Baustia play a different character than Drax.  Kate Hudson seems to be having fun playing a dumb blonde, and I think Daniel Craig likes his role as a detective. (Maybe I don’t follow Hudson’s career closely but this seems to be the first time I have seen her in a movie that is not a romantic comedy.)

The billionaire that Edward Norton plays is not a riff on Elon Musk. I feel this is a generic tech billionaire. There have been generic tech billionaires in movies since 2011, if not earlier. If this movie's tech billionaire seems like Elon Musk, maybe that is because Musk is the tech billionaire most often in the news lately.

However, I thought it took a while to get started. I think the film could have been edited a little. (Oh well I guess a slow start is not the worst thing in the world.) One of the people I follow on twitter called this a big budget version of Murder She Wrote. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible