Trancers was fun

 I got the recent Trancers 4K Blu-Blu-ray. It was fun to re-watch. This is a 1985 low budget movie from writer\director Charles Band. There are five sequels and I have seen most of them. A cop named Jack Deth (it is pronounced as Death) comes from the 23rd century to prevent a criminal from that time murdering people whose descendants became important people. 

People's minds\personalities are sent back but not their bodies. However objects can be sent back. (I forget the time travel rules of films.) The villain is named Whistler and he has some kind of psychic control over the weak-willed. He turns them into trancers. Trancers seem normal but turn into rampaging killers.

 This had Helen Hunt before Mad About You, so that is kind of interesting. She is really likeable as the girl caught up in a strange situation. I don't know if she looks back at these films fondly or not(she is in some of the sequels).  

It is fun, I liked Tim Thomerson as Deth. (He might be the only reason to watch some of the sequels.) I think they could have done a few more jokes about Deth being a man out of time but maybe more is less.  

I think I overpaid for this. I don't regret buying it but it was a bit overpriced. 

Maybe if you have no previous affection for this film, you would not like it if you watch it for the first time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible