It is okay for stories to end

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Dynasty is getting bad reviews so far.  It will be interesting to see how many positive reviews there are in the coming days.

 It is okay for stories to end. Indiana Jones might not need to age but Harrison Ford ages. Unless we want someone else playing Indiana Jones, maybe Ford should not have come back one more time. People seem not to want a new actor playing Indiana Jones.

At least one prominent Star Wars YouTuber wants movies featuring computer generated versions of a young Harrison Ford, Mark Hamil, and Carrie Fisher. (I don't watch his work but apparently some people I follow on Twitter do and comment on his work. I have not fallen into the Star Wars YouTube rabbit hole and I don't think I will.) I think that would be awful. Maybe some of Carrie Fisher's films after the original trilogy ended were not great but some were fun. Hamil has done some good voice over work and Ford became a star outside the franchise. I think computer generated versions of them would be disrespectful.

Or maybe it is okay for some characters from Star Wars not being in new movies or TV shows going forward. Maybe for Star Wars to remain vital, it needs to move on from Luke, Han, and Leia in movies and TV shows. There should be new stories and new characters and new conflicts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible