Fast X thoughts

I guess I like the later Fast and Furious movies.  I own three of the core films and the spin-off.  I think I checked in with Number 7 but I might have seen the sixth one or part of it. 

I wish Alan Ritchson had more to do. It was nice to see him. (He guest starred on a sitcom that made better use of him, heh.) Was the beard added to make him look different than he does as Reacher?

The plot makes no sense. I am not sure why Rita Moreno is in this film. However, I am not complaining. 

I don’t like John Cena as an actor much as other people do.  I am not sure what it is but I don't hate him as an actor.I liked his entrance in the movie and the subplot where he and his nephew are on the run.  Yes, he was the bad guy in the last film but he and Dom and Mia made up before the end of the last film.  (I liked him more than Pete Davidson.)

The plot is the team is tricked by the son of a former enemy into committing a crime and there is some super weapon. (This series has really changed over the years.) Jason Momoa is having a good time as the villain.

I am not sure the movie needed Charlie’s Theron’s character. Nothing against her but the movie is pretty full. (Maybe I am missing something but I am not sure I remember what she wants.) Brie Larson also seems underused at times. Han’s adoptive daughter from the last film is missing, unless she had a brief scene that I missed.

I liked this well enough.  

So is Gal Gadot's character back? How?  Also if you keep brining characters back from the dead. a shocking death becomes less shocking.

Is anyone excited by Dwayne Johnson's return to the franchise? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible