Showdown at the Grand is fun

Terrence Howard and Dolph Lundgren star in this film. Howard plays a man who owns a one screen movie palace. People are pressuring him to sell. (I am not sure why Howard's character dresses like a cowboy. I like the fact that no one asks him about that.) Lundgren plays a faded action hero and idol of Howard's. During an appearance by Lundgren's character at the Grand, Howard and Lundgren have to defend the theater. They use props from Lundgren's old films. 

Okay, it is possible that this sounds like a bad movie to you. Oh well, not every film is for everyone. I am not saying Lundgren should do Shakespeare but I liked a lot of his films over the years. I like Terrence Howard in this.

There are scenes from some of Lundgren's character's old films. These are fun. I am not sure I want to see any more of these films within a film than we get here.

This is not a great film but there is a charm to it. I think I will watch this again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible