Rescue Me was fun

This is an old movie, maybe early 90s. Stephen Dorrf stars as a high school student obsessed with a cheerleader. He teams up with Michael Dudikoff’s Mac when the cheerleader, Ginny, is kidnapped. 

I am not claiming this is a lost classic. It is not lost and not a classic. I would say it is underrated but maybe it is not well known enough to be underrated. It was a fun action comedy. I know Dudikoff from the American Ninja movies, so I probably like this movie more than someone who isn’t a fan of that series. I also liked his film the Platoon Leader (which is a budget Platoon). 

I thought Dudikoff and Dorrf had a good chemistry. I have seen Dudikoff  in five or six other films over the years, and this might the only one where he plays a father figure. The movie might be a bit corny but not overly corny. I might watch this again next year.

There was one cliche that I am surprised the movie did not use. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible