I don’t like the new Salem’s Lot

I did not finish the new Salem’s Lot. I don’t blame the actors. I think the writer/director made some bad choices. I don’t like how the film started. I think it was the wrong choice. Also there should have more mystery. 

The novel is large and has a large cast of characters. Maybe some of the choices were made to ensure the movie was less than 2 hours long. The previous two live action adaptations were both TV mini-series and in hindsight that makes sense.

Going back to the idea of mystery, maybe the writer/director felt that since this is a 3rd adaptation of the story that people already know the story. I think that was the wrong approach. Or maybe the writer/director was given a runtime he had to meet and decided to cut some mystery from the film.

I am not sure if I will go back to finish the movie or re-watch it.

Stephen King saw this and really liked it. His posting about film might have saved it from being destroyed for tax reasons. I don’t get what he saw in this film that I did not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible