The Killer’s Game

 Dave Baustia stars as a hitman who gets told he is going to die from an incurable disease. This is at the same time as he is starting a romance with a ballet dancer played by Sophia Boutella. He puts a hit on himself. He gets a call from the doctor and is told he is not dying. He cannot call off the hit.

I liked it. It was nice to see Marko Zaror and Daniel Bernhardt in supporting roles. Bernhardt is underappreciated. Terry Crews is on hand as another assassin and I am thought he was good. The action scenes are good. 

Ben Kingsley has a supporting role. It was nice to see him. In one scene, his wife is offscreen and asks if their visitor knows what time it is. “Yes dear, he owns a watch” was Kingsley’s reply and that made me smile. I know Kingsley was put in the movie to add a touch of class and well, it worked.

There is not too much humor. (Yeah, I know. I still complain about too much humor or comic relief from time to time.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible