Thinking about Burt Reynolds

Burt Reynolds died recently. He was a big star in the 1970s and 1980s. He might be best known for his role as the Bandit in Smokey and the Bandit and its sequel. He also stared in the original the Longest Yard, Heat, the Cannonball Run movies, and the Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.  He said his best film was Deliverence.

I always liked his movie Hooper about an aging stunt man. I am not saying that was his best film, it probably was not, but I liked it a lot. I have not seen that one in a few years, maybe it doesn’t hold up.

I liked Heat too. Sharky’s Machine was also pretty good too. He made some good films, he made some bad films. It is not time to talk about his bad films though. His sitcom Evening Shade was good from what I remember. (It did not last that long.)

He was also a part owner of the Tampa Bay USFL franchise and he played college football at Florida State. He was interviewed for the 30 for 30 about the USFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeexDJgSUPg&feature=share
Brad Jones’, from Midnight Screenings, picks for Burt Reynolds’ best films. It is worth watching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible