Dave Bautista stars in Final Score an enjoyable Sudden Death rip-off

Sudden Death was a good Jean Claude Van Damme movie where terroists take over a hockey arena. This film, Final Score, is a Sudden Death rip-off where Dave Bautista takes the daughter of his dead friend and former fellow soldier to a soccer game when terrorists take over. (Yes Sudden Death is a Die Hard rip-off.)

This is good. Bautista might not have the same charm as Dwayne Johnson but Bautista is a good actor and has a likeable screen presence. He can be tough when needed, of course. He has a good relationship as a surrogate uncle with the teenage girl, Danni, he takes to the football game.

I did enjoy seeing Danni punch her bad boyfriend. I know the scene was there to show that she could defend herself so we would know that later. It was still a nice moment though.

The action is well staged and I liked the fight in an elevator. There is also a good fight in a kitchen. This might not be special but I did enjoy it  and I’d recommend it to people. Pierce Brosnan is barely in it, don’t let the poster fool you, but it is nice to see him.

I think this is at least worth a rental.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible