Movie Thoughts 12-1-2018

Robin Hood bombed and it might be the biggest bomb of the year. King Arthur bombed last year. (The last King Arthur movie in 2003 bombed, so it has been a while since there was a hit King Arthur movie. The last one might be Excalibur from the 1980s.) Isn’t there a way for studios to know that there won’t be an audience (or enough of an audience to make the film profitable)for a movie before they make it? I guess there is not one or else studios would not produce these bombs.

I wonder if a movie version at Salem’s Lot would work. I like both of the TV mini-series of the novel but wonder if the success of It might bring Salem’s Lot to be the big screen. I would like to see the story on the big screen but could the story be told well in 2 1/2 hours or less? This story needs a slow burn.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible