Stan and Ollie is good

Stan and Ollie is good. It is set in the early 1950s and the comedy team is on tour in England. They have not worked together in years and there might be strains in their relationship. There is a possibility of a comeback movie for them after the tour. This movie is inspired by real events but some liberties might have been taken.

John C. Reilly and Steve Coogan are good as Oliver Hardy and Stan Laurel. Reilly is wearing some kind of fat suit or something to make his face and neck fatter. That is a bit distracting at first. I have seen Coogan in a few supporting roles but this might the first time I have seen him in a lead role.
The actresses playing their wives are good too.

I think this is good and I plan to see it again before the end of the year. It is funny and at times sad. I am not sure if there is a larger point to the film than seeing the pair perform but the performances are good.

I think this film might inspire people to see films by Laurel and Hardy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible