Thoughts about First Man

First Man is about Neil Armstrong and the moon landing. Ryan Gosling plays Armstrong.  I am not a huge fan of him but he is good. He reteams with director Damian Chazelle, who directed La La Land.

The closing act is good. (The whole movie is good but a good last act can make a difference about how you feel about a film.)The moon looks amazing. There are silent scenes on the moon that I liked. Also this movie is building to the moon landing and if the scenes on the moon were not good or interesting, that would hurt the film.

I wish now I had seen this in theaters but maybe I was a bit burned out on going to movies in theaters at the time this was in theaters. I think some of the scenes would have looked amazing on the big screen.

I liked this and will probably watch it again before the year ends. I admit I liked the scenes of the flights and the training sequences more than the scenes with Armstrong and his family. I thought Claire Foy did fine in the role of Mrs. Armstrong. Maybe the flight and training scenes are just so interesting that the other scenes seem less interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible