Movie thoughts 5-13-2019

If there is a big budget movie with King Arthur fighting Robin Hood in the next few years, I had that idea in December 2018. https://seansmoviethoughts.blogspot.com/2018/12/movie-thoughts-12-9-2018.html I am just saying. I am not sure why they’d be fighting though.

Maybe there won’t be another big budget King Arthur or Robin Hood movie in the next 7 years. Maybe the characters just don’t connect with movie going audiences anymore. Superheroes seemingly have replaced King Arthur and Robin Hood in the movie goers’ hearts and imaginations. There could be a modestly budgeted back to basics Robin Hood or King Arthur movie in the next 7 years that finds an audience. Maybe the problem with the last few movies with King Arthur or Robin Hood is the movies have tried too hard to reinvent the story or modernize it.

Reviews of the Hustle suggest it is bad but not terrible. A couple of critics said Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson seemed to be acting in different movies. (I wonder who was in the better movie?) Shouldn’t the director have noticed that while filming and said something to the actors about that? Apparently from my experience and reviews I have seen and watched and heard the recent Hellboy movie is worse than the Hustle. (I watch YouTube movie reviews and listen to podcasts.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible