Thoughts on It Chapter 2

I liked It Chapter 2. It is a little long but I cannot think of anything I’d cut out of the film. This movie starts 27 years after the events of It Chapter One and Pennywise is once again stalking Derry, Maine. Mike is the only one who stayed in Derry and he calls the others back to fulfill their oath.

The movie is long but I cannot think of how I’d edit it though. There are 6 main characters and they split up at times, so  maybe that contributes to the film’s length. I think there was one bad musical choice. (There was one musical choice in Captain Marvel that I thought was wrong.) The film is not too gory.

This movie is pretty good. It is entertaining.Bill Hader is pretty good and Jessica Chastain is better here than she was in X-men Dark Phoenix. I don’t think I have seen Hader in any dramatic role but he was good. The other main cast members are good too but Chastain and Bill Hader are probably the strongest.

The young cast returns from the first film for flashbacks and/or dream sequences. It was nice to see them again.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/reviews/3581716/review-it-chapter-two-no-chapter-one-still-scares-aplenty/ This review by William Bibbani is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible