I finally watched Insidious Chapter 3


I finally watched Insidious Chapter 3. Stefanie Scott stars as Quinn, a high school senior whose mother died. Quinn lives with her dad and her little brother and it is been at least four months since her mother died it seems. Her father is struggling. Quinn wants to contact her mother and has tried alone before asking a psychic named Elise(played by Lin Shaye) for help.

Elise tries but cannot contact Quinn’s mother. Elise tells Quinn not to try to contact her mother again and that if you call for one of the dead the rest can hear you. Later is it revealed that some ghost wants Quinn and things start to happen. Quinn is hit by a car and has casts on her legs, which makes her more vulnerable. Elise is brought back it to help and two guys with a web series come along but they are not really prepared for what is happening.

I liked this. The performances are good, I thought Scott was likable and she did seemed scared.  The ghost is creepy. There are some creepy moments, including some when Quinn is at least partially possessed. I liked the fact that Elise changes her mind and decided to use her gifts. I liked how supportive and encouraging her late husband was. Lin Shaye was good as Elise.

I don’t mind that is rated PG-13. I think a movie can be scary without being rated R.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible