Enter the Fat Dragon was fun

Donnie Yen returns in Enter the Fat Dragon. He plays a cop who gets injured and then moves to the records room/evidence room. He gets depressed and starts to overeat. His girlfriend has left him. He gains weight but he can still fight.

He has to go to Japan to hand over a criminal to the Japanese police but the criminal escapes. Our hero leaps into action but the Japanese cops seem less than helpful. (This is a Chinese film.)

It was fun. I suspect that Yen wore a fat suit, I don’t think he put on the weight for the role. (I don't think he had the time.)I liked seeing how agile he was at a larger size.

This is not great. I think maybe a top henchman would have helped.  I did like the film using clips from a few of Yen’s other films. This is not a remake of the movie of the same name from the 1970s.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible