Sudden Death

 Jean Cluade Van Damme stars in this action thriller as a fire marshal coming off sort of professional disaster. He takes his two kids to a hockey game (a Stanley Cup finals game) but the vice president is taken hostage inside the owner's box. Powers Boothe stars as the head of the bad guys. Circumstances put Van Damme's character in an unexpected hero's role.  

This is good but it might take a while longer to heat up than I remembered. I had not seen it in a while but with a remake coming out later this month, it seemed a good time to watch it. It might not be one of Van Damme's best. (One day I need to make a top five list for Van Damme's movies.)

I think Final Score with Dave Bautista might be a little better. Maybe I like Bautista as a leading man better than Van Damme. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible