Early reviews of Superintelligence are not good

 https://www.slashfilm.com/superintelligence-review/

I have not seen the movie. I am not sure if I will but the headline of this review says “Maybe Melissa McCarthy should stop letting Ben Falcone direct her movies”, which I kind of said in a previous article.  Another critic said in his review that the movies that Falcone directs are the least interesting movies she makes. 

I don’t know either Melissa McCarthy or Ben Falcone. I am am amateur film commentator, I don’t go to ndustry events or press screenings. This is not personal. It is not like Ben Falcone called me a failed screenwriter after a critical review and I resent him, and now I cannot be fair towards his work. That would be more interesting to be honest.

I guess I am unsure why Melissa McCarthy seems okay with not making the most of her stardom. Is whatever level of trust or comfort in working with Falcone while making these movies really worth the results? She must think it is.

I hear Falcone is a good actor. Maybe it is okay if he is not a good director, maybe some people aren’t multitalented. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible