First film watched 2022 Mixtape

 This is on Netflix. It is good. There were a few Netflix originals (or exclusives) I saw last year that I didn’t like, so it is nice to enjoy one.

 A young girl, Beverly, finds a mixtape her late parents made and goes on a journey to discover more about them. They died when she was 2. The movie is set in late 1999 and people are worried about the Y2K situation. (Remember that?) 

Beverly makes new friends on her journey. Those scenes are fun. Beverly lives with her grandmother. Her grandmother really does not talk much about Beverly’s parents. 

This movie features a bully in a wheelchair. That was an interesting choice. (I wonder if the movie shot a scene with the boy’s parents hearing about his behavior.)

I am not sure if this movie would hold up on a re-watch. Performances were good. Except for the Y2K thing, I did not think the movie overdid the period details.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible