Dragonslayer holds up

Dragonslayer is a movie from 1981. A dragon is terrorizing a small kingdom but the king has made a deal with the dragon that sacrifices young women in a lottery system. Some people in the kingdom don't think this is right so they look for a wizard to kill the dragon. Things happen and the sorcerer's apprentice takes up the quest.

I bought the new Blu-ray and I thought the film holds up. For a movie from 1981, I thought the special effects were good.  (Maybe there are movies from the last ten years where the effects have dated more.) I thought the acting was good, I really liked Ralph Richardson as the sorcerer.  I thought the human villains were pretty good.

I think it was worth seeing again. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible