John Wick Chapter 4 is good but might have been better if it were shorter

 The new John Wick movie is too long. It is still good but I think the third act is too long. I am not sure about the second act but I definitely think the third act is too long.

John Wick wants to settle his differences with the High Table. The High Table has empowered a dude to kill John and that dude recruits an old friend of John’s to kill him. (I guess there are limits to friendship in the Wick verse.) Lawrence Fishbourne pops up to give plot details from time to time but it is good to see him. Clancy Brown is on hand to lend gravitas to the film.

It is nice to see Donnie Yen, Marko Zaror, and Scott Adkins in this film. I don’t like the fact Adkins was in a fat suit but it was a good fat suit at least. Yen should be a bigger star in America. So should Zaror.

The movie needed more Lance Reddick, maybe that it is a reaction to his death after the movie was filmed. I don't know if he had another project completed after this, so maybe this is not his last performance.  He added something to these films. I could be overestimating how much screen time he got in the previous films.

I got to a point in the film where it felt like there should only be twenty-five minutes left. There was almost 50 minutes left. Sometimes more is less. 

https://chicago.suntimes.com/movies-and-tv/2023/3/22/23648557/john-wick-chapter-4-review-keanu-reeves-movie-too-long-bill-skarsgard

I liked that review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible