Movie thoughts early May 2024

I liked The Fall Guy. It might been a bit long but not really long. The movie is not bombing but the budget might have been too high. It was nice to hear Phill Collins in a movie. (A few years back John Denver's songs were featured in a few movies.) I might have used another Taylor Swift song, that one seemed a bit too obvious a choice. Maybe Emily Blunt was not the best choice for leading lady, maybe Emma Stone would have worked better. 

Orlando Bloom stars in a movie called Red Right Hand. He is good in it. It is a thriller by the director of Small Town Crime, which is either underrated or under known. This is a story of a man being drawn back into crime. (I think his brother-in-law owes money to some bad people.) I think I might re-watch this.

Lights Out was good but maybe not worth seeing again. I don’t know if I have noticed how bad Jamie King’s wig was if someone had not mentioned it in a review. (Or perhaps that primed me to be aware of how bad the wig was.) I usually like Frank Grillo but perhaps I could have waited for this one to go to Netflix. This was about man who gets involved in underground fighting. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible