Dog Days was a lot better than I expected

Dog Days is a movie set in Los Angeles featuring a large cast connected by their dogs. (Maybe in a city the size of Los Angeles some of these connections are unlikely but this is a comedy.) In a lot of ways it reminded me of Valentines Day (which I like more than maybe I should). Maybe I am feeling generous but I liked Dog Days.

Maybe none of these stories could work as a whole movie but the stories work together in this movie. The performers are good, the movie is light entertainment but there are some more serious moments. There was a scene with a woman using pepper spray or mace on someone but that was played for comedy. It was nice to see Finn Wolfhard in a non-horror setting.

I liked it.  I might not re-watch it but I don’t regret seeing it.

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/dog-days-2018
This review is nice.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible