Ghostbusters again?

Well, there is announcement of a new Ghostbusters movie. This won’t be a sequel to the 2016 Ghostbusters with the all woman team. The rest of the details are vague but the director Jason Reitman is promising that it is not a reboot of the original film

No stars are committed at this time. I suspect it will have an all male team. There is also supposed to be an animated Ghostbusters movie in the works but details on that are also pretty vague. Also that animated movie seems to been in the works for a while now.

We will see. I did not hate the 2016 movie. It had problems but it also had potential and it is not as bad as some other recent comedies like Sisters or the House. (I am not claiming to be the film’s biggest fan but I thought a sequel could have worked.)

We will see what develops or doesn’t. The Doc Savage movie that was announced a few years back got canceled and the Remo Williams/Destroyer reboot seems to have died. I liked the original Ghostbusters as much as anyone but maybe the comics are the best place to continue with those characters.

I think I might be more excited by the announcement of a Mortal Kombat animated movie. That could be fun. It might be time to re-watch Mortal Kombat.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible