First movie this year, was a re-watch of Onward

I re-watched Onward today. I guess I could have started a new year with a new movie but I was curious how well this one holds on re-watch. (The last movie watched of 2020 was 2020's Call of the Wild. It was good. I am not sure if I will write a full review.)

Onward is better than I remembered. The movie gets better after the first twenty minutes or so. I like that, it is better than a movie having a strong first two acts but falling apart in the third act. Chris Pratt and Tom Holland provide voices for two elf brothers on a quest to get a magical gem to get to see their late father for one day. There are complications, of course.

This is worth seeing if you have not seen it. It is probably on par with Monsters Inc or Monsters University. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible