High Heat was fun

High Heat was fun. It is a direct to video film. A chef has to defend her restaurant from mobsters trying to burn it down. She was a KGB agent at one point, which explains her fighting skills. I thought this was good. 

It is not too long, which is something I like (I feel like a longer cut of this movie might seem padded). I like the smaller stakes action, the fate of the world is not at stake.  It was nice to see Don Johnson again. (I am sure I have seen him in something in the last few years but I don’t remember anything he has done in the last six or seven years.)Olga Kurylenko stars as Anna, the chef. 

Good points

  • The leads are good
  • I thought the action was well staged 
  • I thought most of the intended jokes were decent
  • I liked the use of some kitchen tools
This is a nice review from Variery. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible