Secret Admirer was decent (updated)

 I re-watched Secret Admirer. It was decent. There are a few interesting things about it in hindsight though.

It was nice to have Fred Ward in the film in a supporting role. Maybe he made some bad films but I saw him in eight or nine films and don’t remember a bad performance by him. I remember him best as Remo Williams. His movie Miami Blues was decent from what I remember.

Kelly Preston did the best she could with her role but maybe the writing for her character let her down. Yeah, I know the point of the film is C. Thomas Howell’s character did not really know her or that he did not like her for anything besides her looks. Maybe her character came across worse than she needed to. Preston later got a better role in Twins.

Of course, the plot is silly. 

It was fun to see Lori Loughlin smash up that van. (I am not going to make a joke referencing her role in the college recruiting scandal.)

It feels like there are a lot of films with “teenage boy thinks he likes the blonde girl but the brunette girl, who might be his friend, is the right one for him" as a plot in 1980s and 1990s. Did America hate blonde women in the 80s and 90s?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible