The loss of Chadwick Boseman

Chadwick Boseman died Friday. He was 43 and he lost a battle with colon cancer that he had been fighting since 2016. Despite his cancer, he remained active and he never talked about his cancer publicly. People will remember him as T’challa the Black Panther but he also played Jackie Robinson, James Brown, and Thurgood Marshall.

I never saw him give a bad performance. Even if the movie might had been a bit uneven, he was always good. (I thought he was good in Get On Up but the movie was not great.) To come in to an established series of films like the Marvel Cinematic Universe must been a little daunting but he was amazing even from his first appearance.

I admit I don’t know what meant to the African-American community. From what I have seen online in the day or so since he died, his playing that role meant more to people than I knew or I understood.   I might understand it a little better now.

In years to come people will look back and wonder how his career would have progressed. How many great performances he could have given is something we can never know.

David Chen of the Slashfilm podcast has a video with his thoughts on Boseman’s passing. It is worth seeing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible