Thoughts on Acts of Vengeance

 Antonio Banderas stars as a lawyer whose family is killed in this thriller. He missed a school talent show because of his work but they were killed after the talent show. He leaves his law firm and searches for who killed them. He starts to train himself in a martial art and takes a vow of silence. He becomes inspired by a book by Marcus Aurelius. 

I liked it. I liked the training sequences and I liked the opening sequence. It is not great and I guess I should have figured out who the killer was earlier by applying one of Roger Ebert's rules. I think the inspiration from the book could have come across as silly or pretentious but I bought it.

Robert Forster has one scene as a grieving father in law. It was nice to see him.  

 This is another movie that features an underground/illegal fight arena. I have seen a lot of these over the years. Has there ever been a real life example of this? 

This could be worth seeing again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thunder Force was bad

Who’s Harry Crumb is not John Candy’s best film but I liked it

Ghostbusters Frozen Empire is not terrible